*EviL* Family
Welcome to our forum. To see content of forum you need to register first. Please take few seconds and and register. Welcome and enjoy with us and lets make some fun. AND, dont forget the most important thing ! You are not evil member if you are register at forum! To be allowed to put *EviL* tag in game you have to be a member, otherwise you get banned!

Thanks, *EviL* Family.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

*EviL* Family
Welcome to our forum. To see content of forum you need to register first. Please take few seconds and and register. Welcome and enjoy with us and lets make some fun. AND, dont forget the most important thing ! You are not evil member if you are register at forum! To be allowed to put *EviL* tag in game you have to be a member, otherwise you get banned!

Thanks, *EviL* Family.
*EviL* Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some ideas about pistol/nades/bomb server tweaks

+2
DiSky
Yennifer
6 posters

Go down

Idea Some ideas about pistol/nades/bomb server tweaks

Post by Yennifer Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:29 am

New 'lang' filter just great! But sometime it acting weird. Sometime it giving you warning and by unknown reason you not getting [pm] about warning. It happens for me and i saw other players got this error to. I.e. player can accidently get some 'invisible' warnings, and then be banned. Also sometime it giving warns for normal words and not giving for bad. For example i got warning for 'podstrahuj' (like support me/insure/take care about). I understand why it so, seems its dont like 'huj' ending, wut means 'dick' on russian. But you can say 'freak' any time you wish. Dunno who maked dictonary for it, lol. Some other bad words on non-english languages also passing. My opinion - this filter is great anyway! But 4h+ ban? Sometime its really annoying. I think ban time should be adjusted to 1 hour or so. Its good time to calm down and think, but not so long and annoying if you get this for nothing.

I think server should have ping limit on it. Many servers using this feature. Peoples with ping 400, or even 600-700, really annoying. I dont want kick them (usualy not they fault that they have so bad route to server), but rest playes can only rage looking how they warping around, stuck in walls, etc. I think ping limit 300 should be ok. (Usualy i saw 200< ping limit on servers, but i understand that Evil server famous enough, and some guys have ping over 200).
Yennifer
Yennifer
Beginner
Beginner

Post points : 105
Love points! : 0

http://tremlair.krond.ru/

Back to top Go down

Idea Re: Some ideas about pistol/nades/bomb server tweaks

Post by DiSky Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:10 am

Well for the censor plugin, ofc we have to work on it Smile
And i already suggest that 1 hour is good i agree Smile

For the ping limit, well, ofc it could be interesting, but... mmmmh ... sometimes i played with people from far place, so they have huge ping, but have normal hits and normal moove :s

And ofc i already see peolpe with ping like 150 who warp like hell Very Happy

So ping is not the matter imo, but i agree that mabe more than 350-400 is mostly annoying Wink
DiSky
DiSky
Admin
Admin

Post points : 2943
Love points! : 49

Back to top Go down

Post by *SpeeDyMiKe* Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:55 am

I think ping 220-500 should be not allowed.. too big >_<
*SpeeDyMiKe*
*SpeeDyMiKe*
Bot for posts! THIS IS END!

Post points : 2801
Love points! : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by BST|v00d00 Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:51 am

At BST we run at 275 for max ping i think.

It allows most people in Europe and USA to play, but excludes those from farther afield.

The problem i think is lack of servers in the Austral-Asia region. Some months back their was a discussion on the main urt site and some stats were bandied about based on the master server list and by doing geo-ip on it. The number of servers in Asia and Australia is quite small in comparison to say France or Germany.

As for bad lang filter, ive asked Witch to consider slapping players instead of tempban. That way they dont get booted. but it could be tweaked so 3-5 uses of bad lang in any game session resulted in a 1 hour ban. That would be more justifiable. If people have 3 chances to not be an idiot, then they cant really complain if they get banned for being one.
BST|v00d00
BST|v00d00
King of Beginners
King of Beginners

Post points : 236
Love points! : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Yennifer Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:05 pm

DiSky wrote:
For the ping limit, well, ofc it could be interesting, but... mmmmh ... sometimes i played with people from far place, so they have huge ping, but have normal hits and normal moove :s
How huge? Sometime i see players from Brazil, but even they have ping approx 300. But guys with ping 400+ not rare event on server last days. =}

DiSky wrote:
And ofc i already see peolpe with ping like 150 who warp like hell Very Happy
Ping size is not lag/warp, im always talking about it. Its only 'how far you from server and how stable is connection'. For example, guy with ping 10-40 gonna warp like hell, hes connection not stable, so unlagged protocol cant correctly handle his actions. But guy with ping 100-104 is pretty stable, he have only small packet variations and can be correctly calculated. =) Once i talked to gamecoder about Q3 engine (when helped making InstaGib mod for Tremulous) and he talked me a lot about code stuff. =D
Yennifer
Yennifer
Beginner
Beginner

Post points : 105
Love points! : 0

http://tremlair.krond.ru/

Back to top Go down

Post by *EviL*.*MIV|...xD| Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:47 pm

I totally agree about reducting ban for bad lang... and wanna ask for 1 thing again (connected especially with those 'invisible warns') - could u change the time between 3rd warn and ban?
U know, when server says that player will be kicked if warns not removed - it should give 1-2 minutes, not kick after 2 sec, without chance to remove if it was accident/small thing/etc...
It'd also reduce number of bans for words which aren't bad, but have a bad word inside them/or can be bad in other lang... (it happens that eg. normal polish word i use is a bad word in other lang and i got warned cuz didn't know... -_-')

And about pings - i agree with kick from about 300-350, under that ppl can have not nice pings, but without big disturb in play...
And 1 question - that plugin (or whatever it is) also kicks ppl on server when they get higher pings only for short period of time?
*EviL*.*MIV|...xD|
*EviL*.*MIV|...xD|

Post points : 3627
Love points! : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by Witch Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:41 pm

MIV. new censor plugin is on.
Witch
Witch
Admin
Admin

Post points : 3324
Love points! : 72

http://www.evil-urtclan.socialgo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by *EviL*.*MIV|...xD| Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:59 pm

Yeah, sry, i wrote that message before i read that it's on...
U can delete it if u want... Wink
*EviL*.*MIV|...xD|
*EviL*.*MIV|...xD|

Post points : 3627
Love points! : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down